Strategic Directions: Disaster Mitigation and Management
To immediately advocate and respond to the need of the people or community when Disaster strikes.
- To provide relief, rehabilitation to people in Disaster (life threatening) situation and empower Disaster Mitigation Committee, volunteers in the community and also prepare people to have a safer environment and restore lives.
- To create awareness and mobilize churches and communities in disaster prone areas to effectively prepare and response when disasters strike.
- To immediately response and provide relief and rehabilitation materials to affected communities during disaster, build and mobilize disaster mitigation capacity in the entire disaster prone areas.
- To organize trainings on Disaster preparedness plans in all disaster prone areas of the region in partnership with local leader and churches.
- To organize and mobilize churches and local NGOs for construction of shelters for the poor with local contribution and partnership with churches.
- The Community and Churches who are prone to disaster are fully prepared and capable in preparing the contingency plan so that immediate rescue efforts can be offered.
- Resources, advocacy and trained volunteers being mobilized so that immediate relief and intervention can be made.
- Community based disaster preparedness team formed and this team networked with various local Government, NGOs, and Churches etc.
- The Churches providing some resources through man power and other logistics such as skills and volunteers etc.
- Churches and Community fully motivated and helps in responding when disaster strikes. Identifying the need and assessment of there own geographical areas makes NEICORD effective for rapid intervention.
Strategic Directions : Peace and Reconciliation
To create a harmonious environment by promoting Peace and Reconciliation in the region and reduce conflicts through various peace initiatives.
- To intervene in conflict situations by capacitating Churches, likeminded NGOs, leaders and community to respond and involve themselves in reconciliation.
- Study the causes of the Conflict – relationship issues, value conflict, interest’s conflicts, discrepancies over factual information and clashes due to structural inequalities in the NE region.
- To strengthen Churches, Potential leaders and youth groups for promotion of peace initiation by training them in conflict resolutions and peace buildings.
- To inseminate intervention of communities in peace initiative process through workshops and trainings.
- To build Peace Managing Committee for long lasting harmony in a strategic zone and locality.
- Identify future flash points and take preventive measures.
- Documentation of the History (causes – Prior relationship & current relationship) and effects (impact) of the conflict (before and current) and publication of such.
- Churches, Potential leaders and youth groups would have been motivated to involve in Peace initiation, Conflict resolution and Peace building processes.
- Community would have been aware and motivated to participate in the Peace building process.
- Dynamic Groups would have been built in managing the Peace building processes.