Strategic Directions: Sustainable Development (MDG – 1-5)
To introduce new technology, effective use of available resources and skills, education and physical well being in enhancing sustainability of targeted community.
- To bring sustainable development. Mobilized and build capacity of the communities to have an institution.
- To enable the people of the target area to become literate so that they can be effective participants in the creative work and process to development.
- To enable the community of the target area to practice health and hygienic practices by providing health lessons.
- Introduction of new technology (SALT) to enhanced production and conservation of environment.
- Formation of primary groups and encourages savings, credit, investments and imparts skills training.
- Empowering both men and women to enable them to take decision in the household management and to be an active participant in the community’s development. Facilitating linkages and networking with institutions and Government departments.
- Training the community in business development and marketing skill for their sustenance.
- Imparting adult literacy class and conduct classes for dropout students.
- Awareness to parents on the importance of education and also providing gender equity in learning.
- Providing literacy material in local language in collaboration with Govt. Institution.
- Sensitizing the use of sanitation and hygienic latrine.
- Networking with nearby CHC/PHC/Hospital for Health Based Care.
- Providing IEC material in local language of the target area where NEICORD is involved.
- To motivate community in the adoption of ‘Sloping Agricultural Land Technology’ or SALT.
- To reduce top fertile soil erosion with the application of the new technology.
- SHGs capacitated and are given credit assistance from the Bank and other financial Institutions.
- SHG and Community Federations having the knowledge to run small business and market linkages.
- Women empowered and are taking active part in the upliftment of community and having Institution i.e. Community Federation.
- Parents more aware of the importance of children’s education and being motivated to send their child to school. Parents participating in Adult Literacy Programme.
- Basic level and Post course literacy classes are conducted for the Adult literacy programme.
- People are using proper latrine and aware of health hazards.
- Communities are aware of having importance linkages with the Community Health Centre in case of pregnancy, child immunization and so forth.
- IEC material published in local language
- Health lesson given to all people of the target area where NEICORD is involved.
- Community would have been motivated and SALT practiced in their Agricultural fields.
- Increased production and yields, thus enhancing their income.
Strategic Directions: Health (MDG – 5 & 7)
To improve the health status of the community and increase access to safe potable drinking water.
- Mobilize people’s participation in the approach to more healthy habits of life by providing safe drinking water.
- To create awareness on good practices of Health and sanitation practices among the targeted communities and building safer environment.
- Selection and training of one Community Health worker in the target community.
- Community Health worker will educate the community on health & sanitation practices.
- Provide safe drinking water by construction of wells, protecting spring chambers etc
- Printing of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials in local languages.
- Organize health camp in target areas.
- Advocate and provide – construction of closed latrines.
- Community health worker will be trained and will have the capacity to motivate and influence the community on good practices of health and hygiene.
- Community becoming aware of the importance of health and sanitation.
- Community will have access to safe drinking water and have a water conservation plan.
- Reduction of water borne disease in the remote areas and having access to safe water resources.
- IEC materials will be printed and used.
- Awareness campaigns are conducted on Health Focus more on child mortality and women. Emphasis and awareness will be given to Church and Community on developing environmental management.
- Good and closed latrine will be built and use by community.
Strategic Directions : HIV&AIDS (MDG – 6)
To render care and support to people infected and affected with HIV/AIDS
- Reduce the spread of HIV&AIDS through awareness campaign and IEC materials.
- Reduce stigma and discrimination through seminars, workshop and Medias.
- To capacitated the churches to take up this issue as an opportunity to minister rather than to treat it as a problem
- Provide home based care to people infected/affected with HIV/AIDS and support and strengthen such local workers.
- Management of Opportunistic Infection for HIV patients.
- Advocating the basic rights of PLWHAs.
- Conducting awareness program to school and college student, community and other high risk groups like CSW, truck driver IDU.
- Promote and encourage responsible people like Church leaders, community leaders etc on ABC approach and SAVE comprehension approach for further prevention and care.
- Awareness program to the community through churches and partner NGOs.
- Capacity building to church leaders, women groups, youth within the church.
- Creation of CPT to provide Home Base Care and support to PLWHS.
- Providing training to family members or community members on Management of Opportunistic Infection
- Decrease in the spread of HIV&AIDS.
- Increased in the knowledge of HIV&AIDS in general and particularly to vulnerable population.
- Acceptance in the community to people living with HIV&AIDS.
- Infected people are given support and care.
- Active involvement of PLWHS in the activities of the Churches.
- Involvement of the Churches in North East in the prevention care and support and the whole person